o The University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a full-time Summer Term Coordinator (Program Technician 1). This position was posted previously as search 4514. There have been some revisions to the posting.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the persons appointed to these positions will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... three years experience administering or coordinating parts or subsets of a project or program. A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or related field may substitute for two years of the required experience.
In addition, this position requires:
* Experience reviewing and analyzing fiscal or numerical data.
* Proficiency with computer applications, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Experience interpreting and applying complex rules, policies, and procedures.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
All required course work must be from an accredited college or university.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides technical and analytical support for the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Director, Finance and Budget Development, regarding operation of CAS Summer Term. Administrative staff in 24 departments and approximately 14 programs rely on this person for accurate College of Arts and Sciences and University regulations and general guidelines of operations. Duties include:
... working with CAS faculty and staff regarding implementation of summer term policies and procedures; providing one-on-one and group training; maintaining and updating Summer Term Planner; advising departmental staff regarding fiscal implications of department program planning.
... monitoring summer program for compliance with policies and procedures and monitoring financial and enrollment data; identifying enrollment trends; reviewing summer term teaching assignments, contracts, and payroll documents for compliance and exceptions; participating in CAS summer term operational/budget meetings with departments; providing interpretation of CAS summer term policies; responding to inquiries, providing advice and direction; assisting CAS Director, Finance and Budget Development in developing long and short range summer term objectives; acting as liaison to central UO offices; reviewing and auditing payroll actions effective summer term and during the academic year to ensure compliance with Federal, State, University and CAS rules, policies and procedures.
... evaluating CAS Summer Term Planner and summer unclassified and GTF contracting procedures and systems to assure compliance with personnel and budget and finance policies; making written recommendations for improvement and writing procedures for implementation of approved recommendations; updating summer term technical guide and user's guide, developing other guides or handbooks related to summer term.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience reviewing and analyzing data and presenting your results.
2. Indicate computer software with which you are familiar. Please give specific examples of your use of such software, including whether you designed or maintained spreadsheets, databases, and automated accounting software.
3. This position interprets and applies a variety of university policies and procedures related to budgeting, purchasing, and personnel and search procedures. Please describe your experience interpreting and applying policies and procedures to do your own work and to identify problems or areas of noncompliance in the work of others.
4. Please describe your experience providing training and/or ongoing support to, as well as experience being an informational resource for, colleagues who need to understand complex procedures and policies to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
University of Oregon - 17 months ago