Program Therapist, LICSW
Job ID: 25998
Department: Mental Health Social Work
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, plus on weekend shift/ month
Hrs/Pay Period: 80
The Mental Health Program Therapist position is responsible for providing mental health assessment and group
therapeutic treatment to patients on all units of inpatient mental health at Regions Hospital. Other responsibilities include
establishing treatment plan that may include coordination with other professional services, providing consultation and
education about behavioral health issues and treatment, and participating in program development.
Master's degree or higher in a mental health profession. (Social Work, LPC, LMFT, Psychology).
Two years experience working in a mental health setting in the delivery of therapeutic treatment modalities. Preferably, two years of clinical experience working with Adult Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) population.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of the values, principles and methodologies in the treatment of mental illness.
* Ability to integrate social, medical and psychotherapeutic data in order to form a treatment plan and provide appropriate interventions (therapy, counseling, skill training etc.)
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients, families, co-workers and community organization.
* Sensitivity and competence of cross-cultural issues.
* Ability to work within a dynamic and continuously changing healthcare environment.
* Knowledge of community resources (placement, community based treatment options)
* Excellent problem identification and problem solving and follow-through skills.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal Skills
* Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize workload
* Basic computer skills.
License to practice as a mental health professional in Minnesota.
LICSW, or MSW, or Psychologist, or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Regions Hospital - 22 months ago