Regular data entry and reporting using the HFNY MIS and Salesforce programs with extremely high accuracy.
Monitor petty cash and MetroCard expenditures.
Distribute and reconcile petty cash and MetroCard expenses on a monthly basis in accordance with organization's fiscal policies.
Greet program participants and visitors to the program professionally and compassionately.
Conduct program screens over the phone and in the office.
Accept phone calls for the program, determine their priority, and route/respond as appropriate, including contacting staff members in the field as needed.
Maintain inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed; receive and inventory incoming packages.
Maintain an organized and streamlined office space.
Assist in the development and maintenance of creative administrative systems that ensure program efficiency.
Assist in a wide range of clerical tasks, including preparing files, binders, and mailings, spreadsheet development, copying, and filing.
Translate program documents and letters from English to Chinese.
Assist in developing marketing/outreach materials and in preparing for and facilitating family groups and events.
Participate in organization-wide activities and policy initiatives.
Complete other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Salary: $14.73 per hour
- High School diploma and two years experience in clerical and administrative roles, or recent college degree required
- Must be PC proficient, highly organized and detail oriented with the capacity to work independently, as well as on a team
- Experience in data entry preferred
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, including willingness to ask questions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to prioritize, and to follow-up on assigned projects
- Understanding of and interest in strengths- and community-based work with very young children and their families
- Bilingual English/Chinese required
Hours: 17 hours per week
University Settlement Society of New York - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard