Regular data entry and reporting using the HFNY MIS and Salesforce programs with extremely high accuracy.
- Monitor petty cash and MetroCard expenditures.
- Distribute and reconcile petty cash and MetroCard expenses on a monthly basis in accordance with organization's fiscal policies.
- Greet program participants and visitors to the program professionally and compassionately.
- Conduct program screens over the phone and in the office.
- Accept phone calls for the program, determine their priority, and route/respond as appropriate, including contacting staff members in the field as needed.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place orders as needed; receive and inventory incoming packages.
- Maintain an organized and streamlined office space.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of creative administrative systems that ensure program efficiency.
- Assist in a wide range of clerical tasks, including preparing files, binders, and mailings, spreadsheet development, copying, and filing.
- Translate program documents and letters from English to Spanish.
- Assist in developing marketing/outreach materials and in preparing for and facilitating family groups and events.
- Participate in organization-wide activities and policy initiatives.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- High School diploma and two years experience in clerical and administrative roles, or recent college degree required
- Must be PC proficient, highly organized and detail oriented with the capacity to work independently, as well as on a team
- Experience in data entry preferred
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, including willingness to ask questions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to prioritize, and to follow-up on assigned projects
- Understanding of and interest in strengths- and community-based work with very young children and their families
Salary: $14.73 per hour
- Bilingual English/Spanish required or English/Chinese required
Hours: 35 hours per week, plus generous benefit package
University Settlement Society of New York - 7 months ago