The Governor's Office of Student Achievement (GOSA), formerly known as the Office of Education Accountability (OEA), was established to improve student achievement and school completion in Georgia. GOSA is a preschool through postsecondary agency focused on research, evaluation, and accountability.
GOSA publishes an annual education scoreboard and accountability report cards on K-12 Public Schools, the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GAPSC), the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL), and the University System of Georgia. It also administers K-12 incentive programs, audits schools and local school districts, negotiates and evaluates performance contracts, and conducts education research to support and inform policy initiatives in Georgia.
The Education Policy and Research Analyst works under limited supervision from GOSA’s Deputy Director and Executive Director and is responsible for conducting innovative and informative research and data analyses, preparing reports, and engaging stakeholders in education reform discourse.
The primary responsibility of the Policy and Research Analyst includes negotiating, monitoring, and evaluating the IE2 school district performance contracts.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Analyzing P-20 performance data for the education report card and statewide education reform initiatives
• Researching and profiling promising practices and policies within Georgia’s education reform efforts
• Mining datasets to support the agency’s research and auditing efforts
• Preparing research and data for general stakeholder consumption
• Collecting and reporting information on other state education initiatives
• Monitoring the progress of education legislation proposed by the Georgia General Assembly
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in education or a related field and six years of related experience Or Master's degree in education or a related field and four years of related experience
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in the following areas at an exceptional level:
• Advanced degree in education, law, public policy, public administration, or a related field
• Experience working within an organization focused on academic achievement
• Demonstrated experience with research, data analysis, and reporting
• Thorough understanding of P-20 education reform efforts, especially those of Georgia
Competency in oral, written, and interpersonal communication as demonstrated by:
• Ability to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas and facts orally
• Skill in making dynamic oral presentations using tone, inflection, and body language for increased impact
• Ability to convey confidence and authority when communicating with others, demonstrating empathy and understanding of the emotional components of complex situations or issues
• Ability to make complex ideas easy to understand
• Ability to read, interpret, comprehend, and apply advanced written materials for practical purposes (e.g. laws, regulations and policies)
• Ability to write clearly, concisely, and persuasively using correct spelling and grammar
Competency in applying technology to tasks as demonstrated by:
• Skill in improving processes and results with technology
• Intermediate level skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
• Intermediate level skill in the use of Stata, SAS, SPSS, or other statistical software packages (GOSA currently uses Stata).
Competency in project management as demonstrated by:
• Ability to effectively manage project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on critical priorities
• Ability to effectively create and execute against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget)
• Ability to effectively evaluate planned approaches, determine feasibility, and make adjustments when needed
Competency in reasoning, planning and evaluation as demonstrated by:
• Skill in conducting research using multiple processes to collect and evaluate information
• Skill in evaluating options and deciding on the best course of action to meet objectives
• Ability to simplify complex information
Competency in customer service as demonstrated by:
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
• Ability to analyze a customer’s request, evaluate issues, determine the correct course of action, and follow through to ensure customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to work in a positive and helpful manner with external customers in delicate situations
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact: *
* Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the "Additional Information" section above.
- 3 years ago - save job
Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) is one of the major providers of programs for the PBS national primetime schedule. OPB produces a variety...