The Programmatic Account Manager will be part of OpenX’s emerging agency and advertiser business unit. This role is focused on purchasing and optimizing media through inventory and data exchanges uTsing Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Audience Data, serving as the primary contact for multiple clients, and setting up and troubleshooting campaigns. The Account Manager will be charged with ensuring that we meet profitability and optimization goals while delivering outstanding service to our clients.
The Account Manager will be an analytical, organized, detail-oriented team player with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. Also, the Account Manager will be knowledgeable in the online industry and communicate with clients via multiple communication methods, including in-person. The person will be expected to contribute ideas to the company’s overall strategy and product offerings for agencies and advertisers. This is a great opportunity for somebody that enjoys building a new business and is excited to join a burgeoning company in an exciting space.
- Execute and manage campaigns through demand side platforms, audience-based targeting, and remarketing, including bidding, creative, and optimization recommendations
- Handle daily campaign maintenance including questions regarding tracking and status of multiple campaigns. Manage all day-to-day client communications for AM’s respective live campaigns.
- Collaborate with other AMs to ensure consistent communication and support levels for clients
- Assist business development team to identify and close opportunities by providing strategic, client-specific recommendations
- Achieve net margin targets by controlling total campaign cost relative to campaign revenue
- Work with the Director of Media Buying to evaluate, implement and maintain relationships with key partners including audience data providers, exchange partners, demand-side platforms and analytics vendors
- Develop and maintain expertise within all areas of digital media buying including mobile, display and video
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years experience at a media agency, mobile marketing, performance marketing, audience targeting or ad network company within the digital media ecosystem working closely with advertisers on campaign execution
- 1+ years experience at an agency, ad network or demand side platform executing performance based media strategies. Must have experience executing campaigns through optimization-based buying platforms, and using both 1st and 3rd party data.
- Deep understanding of performance advertising and related metrics. Strong knowledge of the major technology trends affecting the media and advertising industries.
- Solid understanding of the online ad industry, ad targeting and optimization through DSPs
- Preferred: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior experience with ad operations
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical thinking and the ability to develop and present buying and optimization recommendations to clients
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple clients, tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Professional, outgoing, confident with sound written and presentation skills
OpenX is a global leader in digital advertising technology and services, enabling digital media companies to manage and maximize their ad revenue. Our unique platform combines ad serving, a real-time bidding (RTB) exchange, yield optimization, and content valuation to deliver the highest revenue across every desktop, tablet, and mobile screen.
OpenX is backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, SAP Ventures, Samsung Venture Investment Corporation, Mitsui & Co. Global Investment, Inc., and Presidio Ventures.
With 100% yoy growth the past 2 years, $153M in revenue and 275 employees ending 2012, OpenX is ranked #7 on Forbes' 2013 list of the Top 100 America's Most Promising Companies.
Openx - 16 months ago