American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an EDI Programmer to join our growing organization. This position will provide EDI development, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting support. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering.
· Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications.
· Performs elementary fact finding and analysis concerning a specified work process or business need.
· Performs routine programming assignments under direct supervision. Detailed instructions will be provided for each task and any deviation must be approved by the supervisor.
· Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
· Assists in training of end-users.
· Assists in production of documentation.
· Bachelor’s degree in information systems or business degree or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of relational database administration and analysis, must be familiar with a variety of data formats.
· Experience in managed care environment preferred.
· Must have a good working knowledge of relational database design using SQL server in a network environment.
· Problem solving, analytical logic, interpersonal, and communication skills; must be a team player.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
ASH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH Companies - 5 months ago