BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
As a member of implementation and product development teams, Programmers participate in the design, development, documentation, and testing of enterprise software solutions.
• Successfully complete training and certification in the ARGO development toolset and software development lifecycle
• Gain knowledge in technologies and business processes that support financial institutions
• Analyze, design, develop, and test business logic, user interfaces, and database interactions
• Specify, develop and enhance system and business application level functionality
• Ensure assigned functionality adheres to performance and development standards
• Report status and activity in a timely and accurate manner
• Use quality assurance procedures to assess quality, report defects and track defect resolutions, and propose enhancements
• Prepare conceptual, detail, and technical design documentation
• Work with teammates and clients to achieve high quality, industry leading products.
• Develop leadership skills through accountability and the team dynamics associated with delivering business application software to large institutions within schedule and budget
• Limited travel anticipated; however, some projects offer the opportunity to participate in on-site development for extended periods of time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Job duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Ability to prepare, read, analyze and interpret technical documentation and design specifications.
• Ability to effectively communicate with ARGO team members.
• Ability to communicate responses and requirements to internal teams and to customers.
• Ability to communicate status to team members and project managers.
• Ability to escalate issues to appropriate levels of management.
Training or Equivalency
• Must be able to successfully complete ARGO’s Basic Development Training Track.
Job Rotations or Equivalency
• Internship in computer programming or customer support is desired but not required.
• Schoolwork demonstrating team-based development projects is desired but not required
• Must be able to demonstrate understanding of:
• Modern programming concepts
• Database design, performance, and usage
• Data structures
• Multi-tier architecture
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, object oriented programming, and graphical user interface development is a plus.
A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering (SE) or similar with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (both in major and overall) is required for the position.
Employer seeks only applicants legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not sponsor visa matters
ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 20 months ago