ClosetMaid, a business unit of Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst for our world headquarters in Ocala, Florida.
Assist in the maintenance of existing computer systems as well as the development of new systems to support the business
Position Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Evaluates user request for new or modified computer program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program and submits plan to user for approval.
- Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Designs computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request.
- Converts project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language processable by computer.
- Enters program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program.
- Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assists users to solve operating problems.
- Recreates steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- Trains users to use program and provides technical assistance.
- Installs and tests program at user site. Monitors performance of program after implementation
- Will be responsible to rotate beeper duty with other programmers (estimate one week/month to be on call 24 hrs/day)
- Ability to work in a team environment & maintain regular attendance.
Additional Company Information
- 2 year Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience with IBM AS400 utilizing RPG IV programming language
- Experience in EDI, Java, Cognos and associated data warehouse tools is a plus
- Strong Interpersonal skills
ClosetMaid®, a business unit of Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions (NYSE: EMR), is the worldwide leader in home storage and organization, offering innovative wire and laminate/wood storage systems for use in bedrooms, kitchens, family rooms, laundry rooms, home offices and garages – wherever people need to store and organize their things. Our products are available at home improvement stores, mass merchants, online, and from ClosetMaid Authorized Dealers.
ClosetMaid offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) and a fully funded pension plan.
Additional Website Information
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...