Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning.
As Programmer Analyst I, you will be responsible for implementing and customizing software packages specific to the Higher Education Industry (ie. Banner, Datatel Colleague, Peoplesoft etc.). In addition, you will be responsible for analyzing requirements and developing additional functionality. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
- Consulting with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for: data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writing and maintaining technical specifications.
- Developing and maintaining plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researching and evaluating software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Customizing and coding screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converting designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiling code into programs and correcting errors detected in compile process.
- Creating test transactions and running tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzing code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consulting with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writing and maintaining documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writing documentation or reviewing documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Training end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Installing and testing programs at client site.
- Monitoring performance of programs after implementation.
What we need from you:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with Datatel Colleague and/or UniData database programming is desired.
Ellucian. - 20 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...