- Bachelor's Degree
The Programmer Analyst II assumes responsibility to work with Associates, clinicians, IS Team members, and vendors to understand and document current processes, future desired processes, and design/build solutions to support enhanced clinician workflow. The incumbent into this position will support the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities :
- Designs, builds, tests, documents, and supports workflow tools (including TIBCO Staffware/ Siemens Rules Engine solutions) to achieve desired organizational outcomes
- Design – work with Associates, clinicians, Analysts and vendors to document current processes, future desired processes, and determine how tools such as Staffware and Rules Engine can be used to reach desired outcomes.
- Build – using tools such as TIBCO Staffware and Rules Engine, builds workflows / rules to meet the design specifications.
- Test – develops test plans, executes and coordinates testing of all workflow and rules to include all impacted or impacting systems – i.e. interfaces, reports, orders, and assessments
- Document – using tools such as HTML, Word, Business Studio, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint, documents the workflow design from both a technical and operational perspective.
- Support – provides second line support to the Service Desk as well as the Soarian Clinicals and Pharmacy Analysts to address any issues that may be workflow / rule related
- Actively participates with appropriate committees, departments and teams to ensure effective use of system functionality and assist with workflow/rules proposals and prioritization.
- Actively collaborates with the Soarian Clinicals and Pharmacy teams to ensure that any system changes (including change requests, upgrades, service packs, etc.) that impact workflow/rules are addressed prior to implementation.
- Follow Service Desk processes for break/fix, incident, service requests, and project requests within SLA standards. Ensures the Service Desk is aware of and capable of supporting all changes regarding workflows or rules.
- Comply with PMO standards of performance while serving as a project manager for assigned projects or as a project team member.
- Maintains knowledge of interfaces (HL7, etc) and is able to troubleshoot and resolve interface related issues.
- Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and accurately
- Establishes collaborative relationships with customers, co-workers and vendors and is able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Maintains the ability to work in high stress environment – meeting established deadlines and responding to issues and questions in a timely manner
- Participate in continuing professional development; initiate and participate in R&D activities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Informatics or Engineering plus 2 to 5 years relevant experience required. Relevant experience could be gained by using and/or supporting similar applications.
- A minimum of two years of experience in related information system technologies, healthcare preferred.
- Experience with programming, database structures, interfaces and data processing flowcharting.
- Experience with Soarian Clinicals, Siemens Pharmacy, Siemens Rules Engine, and TIBCO Staffware considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of system analysis techniques
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical / business and information technology personnel verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and process-orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Mary Washington Healthcare - 11 months ago