Position: Programmer Analyst
Nameplate: The Bon Ton Stores, Inc.
Employment Status: Full Time
Location Name: Milwaukee Corporate Headquarters
Zip/Postal Code: 53203
Requisition Number: 19526
Information Services Training Program: Programmer Analyst Trainee (.NET) - Milwaukee, WI
At Bon-Ton, talent development and outstanding results are always in style. In Bon-Ton's Information Services Training Program, we offer outstanding associates broad exposure to technology within the Retail Industry, as well as the opportunity to share their own unique perspectives.
As a Programmer Analyst Trainee, you will be a member of the Application Projects Team, reporting to a Project Manager. During a six month training program, you will be paired up with a mentor who will work side by side with you on job shadows, assignments and projects throughout the application projects team. This mentor will partner with you to spearhead your development and ensure your continuing advancement through the organization.
System development projects in this area will be focused on web-based applications for internal staff located at the corporate offices in Milwaukee, WI. Systems will be developed under the Microsoft .NET framework, using Visual Studio, C#, VB.NET, and XML-based Web Services. Some of the areas that you will gain experience in will include:
· Code, test, implement, maintain, and document applications software based on specifications provided by the Lead Analyst.
· Convert designs and specifications into computer code adhering to industry “best practices” and company development standards.
· Design and create test scenarios and run unit tests to find errors and confirm programs meet design specifications.
· Provide break/fix technical support for assigned systems to meet service level standards. Depending on the supported systems, this may include providing after-hours support as needed.
· Develop technical skill set under direction of Lead Analyst. Technical skills include programming and debugging techniques, developing effective unit test plans, creating clear documentation of program functionality and design, and diagnosing and developing solutions for support problems reported by the end-users.
· Develop business knowledge for assigned applications. Develop problem-solving skills and apply those skills to design programs based on understanding of business need.
At completion of the Training Program you will be placed as a Programmer/Analyst I. Career growth is very important when deciding what company to work for. At Bon Ton you will have control over the direction of your career, and you will be surrounded by a team dedicated to helping you get to the next level. After your initial training, you will have the option to grow as a Programmer/Analyst, with the potential to move into a Business Analyst role long term based on your skillset and interests.
If you are interested in gaining broad business knowledge, working with talented peers, and impacting million dollar results in the Retail Industry, we hope you will consider sharing your talent and passion with us as part of Bon-Ton's Information Services Training Program.
Bon-Ton - 2 years ago