Join our LinkedIn Group, Frontier Technology: Networking, Forum, and Jobs.
Frontier Communications is seeking a Programmer Analyst to join the Kenan Support Team. This person will be supporting the Kenan Billing System, IME message mediation application and other applications associated with the billing system. The position requires the individual to perform multiple tasks ranging from: operations support, problem investigation and resolution, requirement gathering and documentation, solution design and technical requirement documentation, program development, and testing. Additionally, the individual must be available for on call support.
This position can be base in Allen, TX or Rochester, NY
- Run billing jobs and complete required pre and post billing tasks to validate billing accuracy
- Investigate and resolve trouble tickets with SLA guidelines
- Follow Frontier’s software development lifecycle guidelines, including gathering and documenting business/functional requirements, designing efficient technical solutions, documenting technical requirements, development, unit testing, and system/UAT testing
- Follow Frontier’s Change Management process to ensure SOX compliancy
- Interface with internal users to understand billing issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Interface with internal users to understand to understand and document business requirements
- On Call Support: Participate in rotating primary on call support schedule and be available to handle critical system issues that may arise even when not the primary individual on call. On call support is on a 24/7 basis
- Define, document and execute test cases to effectively validate code changes being developed, enhanced or otherwise maintained
- Strong background in Java, Oracle, Perl, C/C++, SQL/PLSQL, and Unix required
- Autosys CGDC Scripting preferred
- Actual Arbor or Intermediate Mediation Application experience is a benefit
- Telecom industry background is also desirable
- College degree in Computer Science or 10+ years of working in specific technologies required for position.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in information technology
- Willingness to learn the tools not presently understood.
- Telecommunications billing and message mediation systems experience desirable.
- Experience working on fast-paced, time-constrained development teams.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical and user focused.
Frontier Communications - 14 months ago
Serving city dwellers and country folk alike, Frontier Communications provides phone, Internet, and satellite TV (through a partnership with...