Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Develop and maintain application software programs, crystal Reports and scripts in support of organizational objectives, both strategic and operational.
- Understand and analyze business requirements in order to develop and/or recommend technical or procedural design solutions.
- Ensure that internally developed application programs, crystal Reports and scripts are thoroughly tested prior to implementation.
- Understand QNXT application (functionality, database structures, interfaces and reports) as needed to perform assigned job tasks.
- Participate in implementing system conversions and upgrades.
- Work collaboratively with other Information Systems staff, exchanging information as appropriate in support of organizational and departmental objectives.
- Participate in technical design reviews as needed, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain documentation as needed.
- Keep supervisor informed of activities and issues.
- Pursue professional development as necessary to enhance job performance.
- Special projects and duties as assigned.
Preferred Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in developing and maintaining application software that utilizes Object Oriented Programming and n-tier development techniques.
- Familiarity with .Net Framework.
- Knowledge on emerging web technologies and internet/web security.
- Understanding & working knowledge of relational database, SQL Server & Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Strong coding, debugging, and problem solving skills and ability to express idea clearly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet the deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Available for weekend or extra hours work during project implementation.
- Available for on-call duties if required to support critical application.
- Experience with Visual Basic.NET.
- Health care industry experience within managed care, hospital, medical office or equivalent preferred.
- College degree required. (Associates degree or related experience required; college degree preferred.)
- Previous experience with QUEST and/or Medicare program desirable.
- Previous experience with QNXT system is desirable.
AlohaCare - 22 months ago