Children's Home + Aid, a leading social services agency in Chicago, has been providing help, hope and opportunity since 1883. Each year we serve nearly 40,000 children and families in Illinois by helping them overcome overwhelming obstacles such as poverty, abuse and neglect. The Programmer Analyst is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of technology solutions to support the growing data needs used in managing our large client base and assessing the quality of services provided by the organization. We are seeking an individual with the technical expertise as well as the vision to use technology for social impact.
* Develops information systems in accordance with
requirement specifications to meet information needs of
* Documents systems requirements and specifications,
evaluates technology options and designs solutions
consistent with existing infrastructure and information
systems skill set.
* Interacts with program staff to fully understand needs
* Develops, tests and implements applications, databases
* Supports, monitors, maintains and enhances existing
* Develops data integration capabilities between internal
and external database systems including SQL Server,
Efforts to Outcomes, and external web-based data
* Performs technical support for end-users of
* Works with program staff to develop
recommendations regarding use of client data to
implement initiatives, solve problems and quantify
how the organization's services benefit clients.
* Bachelor's Degree in information systems or
equivalent work experience.
* At least three years demonstrated application
development experience on the .NET framework
including ASP.NET and VB.Net.
* Required database knowledge: Microsoft SQL
Server, Microsoft Access, Proficiency in SQL
Server Integration Services a plus.
* Preferred database reporting tools: SQL Server
Reporting Services, Business Objectives XI.
* Knowledge of Efforts to Outcomes performance
management software a plus.
* Proficiency in data modeling principles and database
* Ability to create system specification documentation
and system topology diagrams.
* Must have a strong customer service orientation
with proven ability to work with a wide variety of
individuals throughout an organization including
end-users, management and IT personnel.
* Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
* Strong Initiative, detail orientation and ability to
interpret and solve problems.
* Strong oral, written and presentation
Children's Home + Aid - 19 months ago