Responsibilities include supporting and enhancing the Student Information and Administrative Systems including analyzing existing systems and procedures and designing operational and system improvements. Other key duties include:
• Developing the necessary system interfaces and migrating data from existing systems and databases to the new application database management system and complete documentation.
• Consult with users to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Write and maintain technical specifications. Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and timetables for developing programs.
• Create test transactions and run tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs. Consult with users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent and 4 - 6 years of database administration experience managing MS Sql Databases and developing applications.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server databases, Transact-SQL, stored procedures, triggers is required.
- Skilled in HTML, XML and proficient in Crystal Reports, Java, VB-script, J-script, and Cold Fusion
- Experience integrating web applications with other systems
- Familiarity with database security practices, upgrades and network technologies
- Web application development/implementation experience
- Experience developing web applications utilizing relational databases specifically MS SQL Server and web tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently
- Experience accurately estimating application development and implementation tasks
- Must have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to solve database and application issues
Culinary Institute of America - 20 months ago