Our job is writing great software for processing payment cards. Developers on our team are expected to be fast learners who will very quickly grasp the inner workings of a variety of existing systems and rapidly deliver new functionality. These systems are predominantly high volume back end applications for credit card processing which make heavy use of C# and SQL. We are all accountable for the full range of activities required to deliver on that mission, from understanding the overall business and particular project requirements, writing tests, building the software, delivering it, and supporting it. We expect software developers to be willing and able to switch hats to serve the greatest needs of the team.
- Write top-notch code.
- Quickly grasp the fundamentals of the payment card industry such as transaction capture, auth matching, interchange qualification, clearing, disputes, and regulatory compliance, as well as Heartland-specific aspects of transaction pricing, merchant funding, compensation, accounting, operations and quality control.
- Refactor existing applications for reliability, performance, and automated testing.
- Enhance and redesign existing systems to meet business needs, using C#, SQL and WCF.
- Contribute to environment that embraces best practices and new technologies, continuous improvement and professionalism.
- Evangelize TDD/BDD within the team, refusing to accept the perpetuation of legacy code. Always leave the code better than you found it.
- Continue growing as a software developer.
- Dedication to software quality.
- Zeal for continuous improvement as a professional software developer.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, subject matter experts, and developers.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Fast learner.
- Self starter.
- Problem solver.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Experience trumps education, but a bachelors or other degree in a software related field will be considered.
- Four or more years of software development experience
- Advanced C#
- .NET Framework 1.1/2.0/3.5/4.0
- Advanced Test-Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
- Proficient in Refactoring for Test
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient with WCF
- Proficient in analyzing and fixing errors and performance issues in deployed code, which may have root causes outside of the code itself (e.g., hardware, network, or database)
- Familiar with Agile development (e.g. Scrum)
- Bank card processing experience is a plus.
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is a plus.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the associate or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
- Physical Requirements : Those required in a typical office environment including sitting most of the time, finger dexterity for computer and paper work, talking to convey detailed or important instructions, average hearing for normal conversations, and average visual acuity.
- Working Conditions : No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions
This job description is not intended to fully and completely describe all duties of the position. The incumbent will be required to complete other duties not specifically described herein as required by their supervisor.
Heartland Payment Systems is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Heartland Payment Systems was named one of Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT 2012"
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. - 2 years ago
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing, gift marketing and loyalty programs, payroll and...