Description: This is a regular full-time exempt position serving as a member of the KSU Foundation Information Systems department. Key responsibilities include application programming with a focus on development and support of an enterprise reporting solution, and serving as a backup for the administration of our donor management system. This position provides assistance and training to end-users. |
1. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the Kansas State University Foundation (
quotfoundationquot) as it relates to the educational, research and service goals of the university with the ability to communicate the institution ’s needs and priorities – both internally and externally. 2. Establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with foundation coworkers, university partners, and donors. 3. Promote and demonstrate respect, collaboration, and friendly customer service in all working relationships. System Development/Support: 1. Design, develop and implement complex computer systems, programs and applications. 2. Define system scope and objectives; interface with users to identify and develop system requirements taking into account desired results, hardware limitations and operating requirements.
3. Administer, maintain and develop processes within a business intelligence software system.
4. Assist in supporting the donor management system, including end-user training.
5. Prepare system and programming documentation for users and other programmers in accordance with internal and external standards; train users and developers as required.
6. Consult on the use of moderately complex vendor software packages.
7. Advise other developers regarding programming techniques and design.
8. Maintain internal department program libraries, users° manuals, or technical documentation.
Related tasks include:
• Maintain current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of the IT industry and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing analysis/reporting/data solutions.
• Stay informed of advances in field and pertinent changes in hardware and software technology through online research, interacting with vendors, and attending professional meetings and seminars as appropriate.
• Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Ability to work with a work group or team.
Education: BS in Computer Science or related field and 3 years experience – OR equivalent education and work related experience.
Skills: A minimum of three years of application development. Experience with database management systems including one of the major commercial databases, e.g. IBM DB2, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server. Demonstrated experience with SQL, data architecture, and structured programming. Familiarity with data warehouse processes. Ability to meet deadlines, along with being detail oriented with strong verbal and written communications skills. Confidentiality is important in this position.
Kansas State University Foundation - 2 years ago
The Kansas State University Foundation was established in 1944 as the official fundraising organization for Kansas State University. It is a...