The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
• Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Collaborate with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external application users.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
• Interact with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
• Install software products for end users as required.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or 2-4 years equivalent work experience.
• Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including Java, PHP, .Net, HTML, HTML5, Perl, CSS, CSS3, bash, csh, ksh, SQL., Groovy, and Ruby.
• Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• Extensive relational database and operating systems experience with Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer..
• Thorough understanding of middleware platforms such as WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache.
• Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including web services, AJAX.
• Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• HTML5, CSS3
• PHP, Java, CXF
• iOS and Android development experience
• On-call availability for up to 7 days per month.
• Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of software analysis, testing, and deployment.
Suddenlink Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Suddenlink - 2 years ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...