Description and Qualifications
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a strong reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. The Transamerica companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries of AEGON N.V., an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia serving over 40 million customers across the globe.For more information, visit
Transamerica's Life & Protection (L&P) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies' life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Realty Advisors, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please inform the Human Resources department if you need assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Work with business and agile development team members to design, code, test, and implement software testing programs and frameworks. Evaluate development tools and coding methods and make recommendations to other team members. Perform tasks as needed to meet team commitments.
With regular assistance, supports development teams with designing, coding and testing software for test automation.
Responsible for accepting and completing team tasks as needed to meet team commitments.
- Identifies conditions and scenarios to be included in tests
- Determines expected results and script outcomes
- Effectively documents test plans and results
- Uses automated testing tools and manual methods to build and execute tests
- Performs in-depth review of test output and root cause analysis for discrepancies found during testing
- Effectively reports test defects
- Designs, codes, and tests, components for software testing applications or other technical solutions
- Creates appropriate documentation of automated testing software
- Involved in resolving issues with automated testing software
Participates in scrum practices and development of team epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and tasks.
- Commits to tasks for varying levels of coding and testing automated test software
- May commit to tasks for other team activities as needed
- Accountable for on-time completion of tasks
Ensures professional verbal and written communication at all times.
- Asks questions and provides input during backlog grooming, story definition, pointing and sprint planning sessions
- Works with team and customer to clearly define and effectively document acceptance criteria
- Supports agile principles and scrum practices
Applies continuous effort to acquire knowledge to perform effectively in position.
- Must be able to facilitate conversations between developers, testers and business
- Effectively adjusts communication style, method and content to audience
- Shows initiative to develop functional and professional skill or knowledge in position related areas
- Stays current with developments and trends in agile principles and areas of expertise
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- 4 year computer science or information technology degree or equivalent work experience.
- Generally 0-2 years work experience.
- Six months to one year experience with automated testing tools, software development and testing methodologies
- Familiarity with agile terminology and principles
- Demonstrated high level analytical skills
- Effective organizational skills to work with project teams while balancing multiple projects within tight timelines
- Ability to acquire knowledge of various business applications to gain proficiency
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
Office environment with potential work from home opportunities. Limited travel.
Thank you for submitting your resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted during the screening and interview process. Correspondence regarding this position may be sent to you via email. All candidates not selected will receive notification from the system once the position has been filled. .
US-TX-Bedford, US-FL-St. Petersburg
Transamerica.com - 7 months ago