This position is contingent upon contract award.
This position requires a Top Secret clearance with Poly.
Provides development engineering support and programming
support to projects and infrastructure support
activities. Designs and develops enterprise
applications in a Web environment. Develops, creates,
and modifies general computer applications software or
specialized utility programs. Analyzes
user needs and develop software solutions. Designs
software or customize software for client use with the
aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May
analyze and design databases within an application area,
working individually or coordinating database
development as part of a team. May manage
websites including design, develop, deploy and maintain
activities as well as performs testing and quality
assurance of web sites and web applications.
Converts project specifications and statements of
problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts
for coding into computer language. Develops
and writes computer programs to store, locate, and
retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
Analyzes functional business applications and
design specifications for functional activities.
Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or
enhancements to existing software. Performs
maintenance on existing software products and
contributes knowledge of business applications. Writes
programs according to specifications needed.
Provides technical support in the evaluation of prime
object names, data elements, and other objects. Ensures
that proposed object definitions are
clear, concise, technically correct, and that they
represent singular concepts. Ensures that the proposed
objects are consistent with data and process
models. Works with the technical staff to understand
problems had with software and then resolve them.
Resolves customer complaints with the software
and responds to suggestions for improvements and
enhancements. Develops block diagrams and logic flow
charts. Prepares required documentation.
Analyzes functional business applications and design
specifications for functional areas such as payroll,
logistics, and contracts. Develops high level
and detailed design diagrams using appropriate Computer
Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Translates
detailed design into computer software.
Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to
produce the required product. Prepares required
documentation, including both program-level and
user-level documentation. Enhances software to reduce
operating time or improve efficiency. Provides technical
direction to programmers as required to
ensure program deadlines are met. Monitors and supports
computer processing. Coordinates input, output, and file
media. Distributes output and controls
relevant operating system platforms.
- Design and develop tools for the MS Windows and
- Design and develop tools that integrate with
processing, collaborative tools, data manipulation
- Design and develop database management systems, image
techniques, data visualization
techniques, and directory services.
- Provide database architectural and design
- Develop unit and functional test plan.
- Provide the operations and maintenance of operational
to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it
determine feasibility of design within time and cost
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to
- Consult with customers about software system design
equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor
scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using
and measure outcome and consequences
validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Develop and direct software system testing and
and others to design system and to obtain information on
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers
project limitations and
capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
recheck the program to ensure that the desired results
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then
applications to be sure they will produce the desired
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software
information and that the instructions are
and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the
- Compile and write documentation of program development
coded instructions so others can
understand the program.
software packages to handle specific jobs, such as
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or
tracking inventory, storing or retrieving
data, or controlling other equipment.
personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems,
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical
and suggest changes.
existing programs to increase operating efficiency or
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of
adapt to new requirements.
workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using
computer capabilities, subject matter,
and symbolic logic.
guide end users.
- Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to
central processing unit of the system, or peripheral
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the
equipment are responding to a program's
describe input, output, and logical operation, and
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that
convert them into a series of instructions
coded in a computer language.
analysts to define and resolve problems in running
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system
- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of
users to develop new programming methods.
- Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other
Tools used in this occupation
- Train subordinates in programming and program coding
- Desktop computers
- High end computer servers — Application servers;
- Integrated circuit testers — In circuit emulators ICE;
Personal digital assistants PDA
- Notebook computers
- Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers —
Technology used in this occupation
management software; Distributed database management
- Data base management system software — Database
software; Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft
transact-structural query language T-SQL
Stylesheet Language Transformation XLST; IBM Rational
- Development environment software — C; Extensible
Rose XDE Developer D93; Microsoft Visual
C++; Document Object Model DOM Scripting; Simple API for
- Object or component oriented development software —
XML SAX; Sun Microsystems Java
Unix; VxWorks software; Win CE
- Operating system software — Job control language JCL;
Fault testing software; IBM Rational ClearQuest; Mercury
- Program testing software — Defect tracking software;
This position is contingent on contract award.
Top Secret Clearance with Poly
Bachelor's Degree preferred
IT Certifications desired.