The Administrative Division of the Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc., Ardmore, Oklahoma, is seeking a programmer to maintain custom software applications and databases as outlined by senior staff. Duties include adding or modifying features in existing applications, developing or modifying reports, creating and modifying user interfaces, authoring and maintaining technical documentation and procedures, and providing end-user support and training to Foundation computer users.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are critical. The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team as well as independently and will be able to manage multiple project assignments. Familiarity with ASP.NET, classic ASP and SQL are required. Knowledge of object-oriented development concepts and practices is a must. A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field is required; no experience required but 2+ years preferred.
Application Instructions: Applicants are requested to apply online by completing the application and submitting a resume, copy (s) of college transcripts, contact information for three references (excluding relatives), and a cover letter explaining interest in the position and career goals. If applicant does not have the ability to upload the additional documents they can be faxed to (580) 224-6240 (please include position number), but the application should be completed and submitted online.
Applications will be accepted until a candidate is hired. Interested applicants should apply immediately.
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc.
Human Resources Department
Position Number: AD-A101-332
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Maintains custom software applications and databases as outlined by senior staff; adds or modifies features for existing applications; develops or modifies reports using existing source code base and/or database; creates and modifies user interfaces; authors and maintains technical documentation and procedures; provides end-user support and training to Foundation computer users.
Feature, User-interface and report additions/modifications - 70%
1. Add/modify application features using existing source code base
2. Create/modify reports
3. Database maintenance: create views and reports; cleanup
4. Create and maintain documentation (source code, overall system, user procedures, etc.)
Training and Support - 30%
1. Provide functional training to end-user community
2. Develop operational manuals and procedures
3. Assist senior staff in support and problem-resolution of existing applications.
ASSOCIATED DUTIES: other tasks as assigned.
Supervision Received By the Director of Information Systems.
Supervision Given: None.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
Experience: 0-3 years.
OTHER SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
2. Working knowledge of Visual Basic .NET, ASP.Net, Classic ASP and HTML.
3. Understanding of software development methodologies and practices.
4. Knowledge of MS SQL server.
5. General knowledge of MS Office applications suite.
6. General knowledge of networking hardware and standards.
7. Broad knowledge of industry standards and practices.
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation - 4 months ago
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
- 10 hours ago
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc. ( www.noble.org), headquartered in Ardmore, Okla., is a nonprofit organization conducting agricult...