Cray has an opening for a motivated and skilled software Performance Engineer to join its Programming Environments team.
The Performance Engineer will be responsible for analyzing application and benchmark performance to identify and understand performance bottlenecks and will help engineering make performance aware design decisions. The successful candidate must be able and willing to work effectively under sometimes demanding deadlines, and to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
The ideal candidate should have background in computer hardware, software and/or High Performance Computing applications; and be able to apply this technical expertise to help the Programming Environment developers with their needs for performance related analysis on Cray’s current and future systems.
- B.S. degree, or equivalent, in a technical field (Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.) plus at least 3 years of directly related industry or academic experience; advanced degrees desirable.
- Proficiency in FORTRAN, C, C++, MPI, OpenMP, and parallel methods
- Understanding of HPC architectures
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Experience with performance profiling tools, debuggers
- Experience developing, debugging, maintaining, supporting, and/or using application software, particularly in a scientific or engineering setting
- Experience optimizing application software
- Familiarity with Linux
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks to drive results that position Cray as a leader in the HPC Industry
- Good communication skills for internal and external interactions and presentations
- 3-5+ years of programming experience with GPUs desirable (course work and internship experience considered relevant)
Cray is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cray - 14 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....