The project accountant will be charged with maintaining accurate accounting records, reconciling, reviewing and reporting on the status of all Altura equipment and installation projects (as well as major MAC projects) from start to finish (budgeting, actual labor, equipment, travel expenses, sub-contractor costs, billings & collections, revenue recognition and final job reconciliations). The project accountant will also be responsible for communicating the financial status of said projects to project manager and the corporate controller/CFO and act as a liaison between the field and the corporate office.
- Assist project managers by providing them with a timely and accurate accounting of job costs and ensure that all jobs costs are properly accounted for and understood by project managers and finance
- Ensure customers are billed in a timely manner and in accordance with the terms of the agreements (follow-up on collections with AR)
- Use Altura’s PSA and ERP system to develop a subsidiary ledger for all projects that is the single source for all project financial information and can be used as part of the financial statement close process
- Ensure that all jobs costs are accounted for and “accrued” to the correct job and in the proper accounting period – work with corporate controller to simply method for capturing such costs
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Accounting degree – 4 year accredited University
- Excellent written and verbal commination skills (ability to comminute project information via email and in writing as well as orally to project managers)
- Excellent excel and computer skills (ability to take large amounts of data and simplify it down to digestible and easy to understand worksheets and reports)
- 2-4 years of recent experience as a project accountant
- Experience working with a PSA (such as Connectwise) and Great Plains
- Experience working as a project accountant on government project (Government accounting experience)
- CPA license (active or inactive)
- Work experience with a CPA firm
- Experience working for a “serviced” oriented company with completed contract method of accounting for revenue receivable
Altura offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD and 401K.
No Relocation Available. Preference will be given to local candidates.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Altura Communication Solutions - 6 months ago