California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Manager of Project Accounting, the Accountant prepares invoices, and monitors, reconciles, analyzes, and reports on sponsored project awards. The Accountant ensures compliance with the Institute and sponsor administrative and financial guidelines.
The Accountant is responsible for:
- Post award management of sponsored awards including contracts, grants, fellowships, cooperative agreements and subcontracts.
- Verifying and ensuring accuracy of award set-ups, modifications, and timely closeouts of sponsored awards in order to minimize the Institute's audit risk, reviewing and responding to various compliance reports and taking necessary actions.
- Monitoring assigned awards and performing financial and administrative analyses to determine if costs are reasonable, allowable, allocable and consistently charged as direct or indirect.
- Invoicing sponsors for allowable expenditures incurred on sponsored projects.
- Monitoring receivables and sending collection notices for delinquent payments.
- Monitoring special award conditions and following up with the divisions to ensure that the Institute is compliant with the requirements.
- Applying comprehensive knowledge of Federal and Institutional regulations, resolve post award issues.
- Prioritizing work in accordance with sponsor stipulated deadlines to ensure that accurate invoices and financial reports are submitted timely.
- Assisting in providing supporting documentation to Audit Coordinator to respond to audits.
- Preparing General Ledger reconciliations and fiscal year end GL journal entries.
- Other duties as assigned.
BA/BS with emphasis in accounting or business or equivalent and 1 year of relevant experience in a university environment with solid knowledge of OMB Circulars and other federal and non-federal agency guidelines. Combined experience/education may substitute minimum education. Must be reliable, detail-oriented, well-organized, dependable and possess good communication and troubleshooting skills. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
California Institute of Technology - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard