As part of our Corporate Finance team and reporting to the Project Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant oversees all aspects of specific projects and interfaces closely with Unit Managers, Project Managers and other Finance staff to manage Project Accounting, Project Maintenance, Project Revenue, Expense Analysis and Research, Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, and Special Project assignments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years project cost accounting and general ledger experience. Experience in Architecture/Engineering consulting industry highly desired. Proven experience managing large scale projects with changing scope, timelines, and consultants. Vision software knowledge is a plus. Requires excellent communication skills.
- Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with TYLI policy and within project budgets.
- Validate accuracy of contractual compensation.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain project-related financial reports.
- Educate all levels of staff to better understand project accounting and compliance related to TYLI policies.
- Oversee all aspects of Project budgets in Vision project accounting software, including quarterly estimates-at-completion reports and updated budget and forecast projections.
- Assist Project Managers with development and updating of project budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze and report monthly Project revenue variances, identifying and explaining causes of variances and while providing resolution.
- Review and understand contract terms to accurately set up projects and invoice clients.
- Review Accounts Receivable aging and assist Project Managers with collections.
- Review and coordinate all project labor and expense adjustments.
- Ensure consultants are paid in accordance with the contract terms.
- Maintain contract files and ensure all copies and other relevant documents are forwarded to corporate headquarters in accordance with policy.
- Provide explanations for monthly financial reports including but not limited to Project Status reports, Work in Process, A/R status, Revenue Variance, and Sales.
- Monthly OCIP / Workforce reporting for NJDOT / NJ Turnpike projects.
- Weekly performance reporting for individual East District office and departments.
- Manage special projects and other job duties as needed.
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...