Jones & Carter, Inc is a full-service engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting firm. We assist our clients in analysis, development, implementation and execution of both short-range and long-range projects. Whether you're charting a new course in community development, resolving an existing engineering problem, or opening the door to new opportunities and ideas, Jones & Carter, Inc . is your Smart Solution. Our capabilities include everything from design, project research and consultation to turnkey construction management of multimillion-dollar ventures.
For more than 30 years we have built a foundation for success and a reputation for smart solutions.
We are in business to help our clients be successful.
Project Accounting Assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Perform day to day general accounting duties for the Corporate Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Set up new projects in Deltek Vision and ensure accuracy of billing terms.
- Set up new clients in the system adhering to company standards.
- Review changes made to the system for correctness and confirm that internal controls are followed.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with month-end closing duties.
- Complete bank reconciliations for 7 bank accounts.
- Reconcile petty cash accounts for all offices.
- Compile sales tax payable.
- General project reporting.
- Inventory of company assets.
- Act as the back-up for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Process invoices for payment.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Create invoices to clients per the Project Managers direction and contract terms.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Other various duties as assigned.
We offer a stimulating opportunity to expand your horizons in a full-time, direct hire position that includes excellent benefits, such as employer paid health, life and AD&D insurance. We also offer a Cafeteria Plan, dental and short term plans, PTO, paid holidays and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or similar discipline
- 1-2 years of accounting experience.
- General accounting knowledge of A/P and A/R is required.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and 10 key by touch.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Must have strong ethics.
- Must be detail-oriented and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to identify work priorities and function without constant supervision.
- Professional attitude and appearance and the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision accounting software is a plus, but not required.
J&C appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.
Jones & Carter, Inc - 12 months ago
Jones & Carter, Inc. was established in 1976, when founding partners, J. R. (Bob) Jones, P.E., and Larry Carter, P.E., envisioned a...