ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with assigned Project Manager and project teams on all assigned projects to satisfy administrative requirements. Obtains knowledge of project contractual requirements and follows through to ensure compliance. Receives and distributes all incoming and outgoing project correspondence. Serves as the client contact when Project Manager is unavailable.
- Supports and assists Project Managers in preparing and maintaining the monthly financial status reports. Keeps abreast of project budget status and provides reports to Project Manager and team members as required.
- Prepares and maintains assigned Project Manager’s Project book, when required. Manages the systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of technical data and correspondence in assigned Project Manager’s area.
- Assists Project Managers in preparation of budgets, project plans, meeting minutes, AIA contracts, reports, proposals, responses to Review comments, and other required project documentation.
- Coordinates and distributes design submittals including compiling drawings, specifications, cost estimates, calculations, design analysis and reports for contractual submittals to clients. Notifies team members of submittal requirements and deadlines.
- Prepares project requisitions for new projects.
- Prepares P.O. requests for sub-consultants.
- Sets up and maintains project team and project center administration in Newforma.
- Prepares QC report for all design submittals, assembles QC documentation, and prepares for archival.
- Sets up and maintains Project Schedules on all assigned Project Manager’s projects.
- Fully understands definitions, terms, use and procedures for shop drawings, RFIs, ASIs, RFPs, record drawings, LTs, Green Sheet, Quality control, etc.
- Schedules and coordinates all team meetings and site visits. Attends meetings and records minutes when required. Handles all Construction Administration requirements, such as, but not limited to, revisions ASIs, PRs, change orders, pay requests, RFIs, shop drawings and punch lists.
- Sets up and maintains project logs including Revision log, ASI log, Supplemental Sketch log, etc.
- Handles Bid Phase administration by preparing log for release of bid documents and addendum. Attends bid opening, when required. Releases and returns plan deposit checks back to bidders, per instruction in Bid Documents.
- General office duties include, but are not be limited to:
- DELIVERIES: All deliveries other than mail, (i.e., UPS, Federal Express, etc.) go to assigned Project Manager’s Administrator.
- COPYING AND SCANNING: Assigned Project Manager’s Administrator to copy and/or scan all required documents.
- WORD PROCESSING: Produces letters, memos and correspondence on project topics such as legal description and easements, agreements, reports, studies, proposals, specifications, tables, contracts, forms, architectural and engineering topics, and all other business typing as requested by Project Managers and discipline personnel.
- EQUIPMENT: Must have general knowledge in the operation of copy, fax, print and scan equipment.
- Assists team members in project and department administration and coordination as requested.
- Assists in office overflow work with other Project Administrators.
- Responsible for job specific procedures and quality as defined in Systems Manual III.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts to produce spreadsheet analysis required by Project Management. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations, such as proposals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook (current BRPH version), with some knowledge in PowerPoint and Adobe. Must have good human relations skills, including the ability to effectively direct and relate to other people positively. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess local driver’s license. Must be qualified by citizenship status and arrest record for access badging to Federal Government.
BRPH - 2 years ago