McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. has been a community builder for nearly 150 years. Founded as a family-owned construction company, we are now 100% employee owned and the 10th largest commercial builder in America. Unlike many firms of our size, we are true builders; a fact which our clients appreciate since they continually come to us with their most complex building challenges. We provide construction management, general contracting, design-build and self-perform service nationwide. The firm has full-service offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas, St. Louis, San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco and Sacramento and has built in nearly every state with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $1 billion.
Our Texas division is currently seeking a dedicated, detail oriented, and highly organized Project Administrator who will be working in a casual dress environment, in the jobsite trailer in League City, Texas. The Project Administrator reports to the Project Manager and is responsible for office support, accounting administration and reporting necessary to keep project running smoothly. Will work in conjunction with Project team in a very fast paced environment.
• Answer/direct incoming calls and take messages as necessary.
• Open and distribute all incoming mail to Project Staff and respective Division Offices and package/distribute outgoing mail.
• Keep Project Directory, Master File Index, and Subcontractor Index updated and current.
• Maintain filing system (Job site requirements and distribution of Division Office copies).
• Maintain office supplies/equipment, ordering and scheduling maintenance as necessary.
• Assist Staff in project closeout responsibilities, including archiving of files.
• Become familiar with and utilize Field and Job Cost Procedures
• Maintain job site filing.
• Schedule office equipment maintenance as necessary.
• Maintain office supplies.
• Assist Project staff with accounting and maintenance of cost reports.
• Set up vendor accounts for the Field Office as required.
• Process (or assist in processing) weekly payroll.
• Assemble Monthly Pay Requests to Owner.
• Process monthly billings from Subcontractors.
• Assist Project staff with maintaining Project Management Database
• Produce manpower summary reports (from daily logs furnished by Superintendent).
• Assist staff in assembling Progress Reports to the Owner.
• Process new hire trade employees according to Policies and Procedure manual.
• Track and maintain subcontractor and supplier records / requirements.
• Assist staff in maintaining the Project Management Database.
• Project a positive public and community image of McCarthy at all times.
• Maintain positive Division and Corporate Office relations.
• Must have 6+ years clerical/administrative experience preferably in the construction industry.
• Must have excellent computer skills and be able to demonstrate proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) typing 50+WPM.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment, able to multi task, meet critical deadlines with eye for accuracy and attention to details.
• Ability to work with all levels of project staff and organization
• Previous Construction experience preferred
• Experience with Oracle a plus
NOTE: We are not accepting resumes from Third Party Recruiting Firms for this position. If you are an Agency or Search firm representative, contact McCarthy Human Resources directly for consideration. McCarthy will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes and online response forms through this source. In addition, McCarthy will not be responsible for any fees on unsolicited resumes that are submitted to any member of the Staffing or Operations team. McCarthy has established an approved vendor program for this service, and will only consider accepting submissions from those approved firms.
McCarthy - 19 months ago