Requisition - 1914
The Project Analyst, Strategic Initiatives will support the development and implementation of the key strategic initiatives flowing through the Planning, Strategy & Project Management Office. This position will
• Support development and maintenance of program schedules, defining and developing key project plan tasks and milestones and tracking and execution against those activities
• Provide administrative tasks such as scheduling and facilitating meetings with numerous participants, prepare meetings materials, and record actions and changes to project plans, and tracking and responding to action items
• Assist in preparation of project plans under direction of Project Manager; contribute to numerous project teams; help define project objectives and activities
• Assist in supporting the development, coordination, and implementation of strategies and facilitate cross-functional collaboration to structure and execute key strategic initiatives.
• Support the preparation and development of presentation materials
• Communicate project status through status reporting and dashboards
• Participate and support to meet specified project dates deadlines and requirements
The following are essential job accountabilities
1. Support Project Management Staff related to the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives. Provides administrative and project support.
2. Schedules and effectively facilitates regular status meetings with project team.
3. Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
4. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
5. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
6. Keeps track of action items and follows up to completion. Responsible for all note taking, action items and administrative tasks associated with assigned project at the direction of the Project Manager.
7. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
8. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
9. Supports the development of strategic data analysis through integration of data from a variety of internal and external information sources.
10. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
11. Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. 
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
 The performance of this function is the reason that the job exists.
 There are limited employees among whom the performance of this function can be distributed.
 This function occupies a great deal of the employee’s time
 This function is highly specialized. Employees are hired for the skill/ability to perform this.
 Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences.
 Exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires use of personal protective equipment.
 AGE SPECIFIC TRAINING ALL AGES
Minimum Education Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
(preferably MHA, MPH or MBA)
1-3 years experience in a healthcare setting; prefer project management experience
Prior experience demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skills
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with executives, and other key stakeholders.
- Superior project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Employs tact and discretion and is motivated, self-directed, confident and a self-starter.
Software Microsoft Office Suite
Machines/Equip Req.Personal computer
Computer peripheral equipment
Working / Environmental Conditions Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting
Occasional pressure due to deadlines requirements
Req. Protective Equipment n/a
Physical Demands Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10lbs.)
Mostly sedentary work
Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
City Of Hope - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 41 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute....