The Company: |
Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision —to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the social mission and idealism of a non-profit. We like to move quickly and get things done —if you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller, Ford and the State Department. Headquartered in San Francisco ’s Mission District, Samasource has 30+ employees and gives work to thousands of people worldwide.
As a social business, we are passionate about alleviating poverty while creating happy clients. Team D (for Delivery) plays a big role in achieving the Samasource vision. We partner with clients to design a comprehensive plan for each data project, and work closely with our delivery centers to ensure high quality execution. We are laser-focused on client satisfaction because satisfied clients mean more business, and more business means more workers can pull themselves out of poverty.
We are dedicated to using our technology platform to identify motivated, talented workers in the poorest parts of Africa, South Asia, and Haiti, and train them to provide excellent work for leading enterprise customers. Come help us manage the growing digital supply chain from East Africa to Silicon Valley.
Team D needs a outstanding and proactive Project Analyst Associate to support efficient and effective service delivery to our clients. This is a full-time 10-week internship located in our Mission District San Francisco office during summer 2013.
As an Associate, you will have the opportunity to work with Team D ’s Project Managers in all aspects of the project management cycle —from launching and ramping, to training and feedback, to sampling and iterations, to finally, providing excellent client delivery. This internship is a fast-paced progression through our project delivery operations. The Associate will receive extensive training in Excel, project management, data analysis and business communication skills while supporting the team ’s higher-level strategic initiatives. The Associate will benefit from working closely with our engineering, sales, and field teams.
- Support Project Managers to perform comprehensive project management on client projects, continuously improving execution and quality
- Identify areas for innovation and improvement in task design, worker training, project workflow and the overall project management process
- Review and perform quality checks on all projects completed by our Delivery Centers
- Maintain open communications with our Delivery Centers on quality issues, instruction clarifications, and best practices for project completion
- Work closely with Delivery Center managers and field personnel to ensure workers receive training and support for client projects
- Research best practices in project management and worker training
- Entering final year of degree program with strong academic record from a top-tier university. Expected degree in economics, business or other field with emphasis international development preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, with strong written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time-management and self-governance skills; ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor
- Passionate about our mission to alleviate poverty by connecting people to digital work
- Experience with Mac Keynote a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and able to commute to the San Francisco office for the duration of the internship.
How To Apply:
Application deadline is May 3, 2013. Please submit your resume, cover letter with brief summary of your experience, and two references with the job title specified through our website.