The Department of Finance's Tax Policy & Planning Division - Property Valuation Office is seeking a highly motivated individual to perform analysis related to the quality of property assessment operations. Reporting to the Director or Deputy Director, the selected candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing complex research and statistical data analysis to support the property valuation process.
• Producing analytical reports on trends and outliers of property values.
• Focusing in depth on condo valuation and analysis, along with related data issues.
• Responding to ad hoc data and reporting requests.
• Identifying data inconsistencies for further investigation.
• Assisting in development of qualitative and quantitative work performance metrics to test accuracy of assessment roll, and consistency of application of guidelines and policies.
• Reviewing and analyzing operational data, business practices and procedures.
• Working with assessor supervisors, assessors, team leaders and other Quality Assurance staff to implement quality assurance measures in the valuation process, particularly with condos.
• Managing, coordinating and assisting with integrity-related projects and other special projects.
• Documenting existing and proposed technical reports and procedures.
• Preparing statistical information and narrative materials for presentations and training.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in "1" above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in "1" above.
• Proficiency in Excel and Access.
• Experience working with multiple databases and information sources.
• Experience with statistical and tools and software (SAS, SPSS or others).
• Experience or exposure to condo valuation or condo data issues.
• Project Management experience.
• Integrity, audit and/or Quality Assurance-related work experience is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and team work skills with ability to work independently.
• Experience or demonstrated interest in real estate, property valuation, taxation, building construction, city planning, land use or related fields.
• Experience in CAMA systems (computer assisted mass appraisal).
Please Note: Candidates may be asked to provide writing or report sample.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Click the "Apply Now" button.
Unless otherwise indicated, all positions require a five-day workweek.
66 John Street, Manhattan*
*Current location but could be subject to change.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.