Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Project Analyst - Project Controller practice, Deloitte Consulting LLP
What do you want in a career? Do you want a team environment that supports and cultivates your professional and personal growth? Are you looking for an opportunity that provides challenging work while utilizing your skills, and building your knowledge? If so becoming a Project Analyst and participating in our Project Analyst Program could be your best move.
The Project Controller practice is essential to delivering quality client service. Project Controllers (PC) are smart, talented finance professionals responsible for analyzing and reporting on financial results. They are client service professionals who specialize in project and account operations on engagements. PCs provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project team by assisting with the organizational and logistical aspects of projects. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts. The Project Analyst role is the entry level position for undergraduates.
Project Analysts are responsible for supporting one or more consulting teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management controls. On any given assignment, you may be responsible for:
As a Project Analyst, you will have multiple opportunities to be active in the community and your local office through a variety of volunteer activities such as IMPACT Day and other community service initiatives.
- performing internal and client financial analysis
- budget and forecasting analysis
- tracking and monitoring project financial metrics
- maintaining compliance with firm policies
- financial reconciliations
- supporting the production of management reports
- conducting variance analysis
- managing project billing and receivables process
- assisting with the execution of project management office (PMO) functional tasks
- presenting analyses, discussing recommendations and providing project financial advice to PC lead
- understanding and utilizing standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management.
You will initially have the opportunity to attend our PC New Hire School, which is designed to help you begin building your network of PC practice colleagues. This School provides you with opportunities to better understand your new role as well as develop your knowledge and the skills critical to your performance. To keep your career development on track and to help steer your continued growth, we provide you with ongoing mentoring and counseling, additional professional training, and a rigorous performance management and evaluation process. Your career advancement within our organization is dependent on your performance and demonstrated ability, not length of employment.
To qualify as a Project Analyst and become part of our Project Analyst Program, you should be pursuing an undergraduate degree, with a graduation date between December 2011 and June 2012.
You should also possess the following:
- Demonstrated academic performance including a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA strongly preferred and equal or stronger performance in your major(s)
- Understanding basic accounting and finance principles
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Programs - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and address problems creatively
- Ability to work effectively, both independently/self-directed and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and timeliness in delivering commitments
- Skilled in problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel; frequency is dependent on the office location and project assignments
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated exceptional performance in these and other related majors:
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
- Business Management
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Deloitte - 13 months ago
In the United States, Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries have 57,000 professionals with a single focus: serving our clients and helping them...