BMC Software’s Global Services’ Data Center Practice seeks a high caliber, technically strong consultant, with good business acumen to implement BMC cloud solutions for customers using the Atrium Orchestrator toolkit and participate as a lead on large, dynamic project teams.
Work closely with clients, partners, other consultants and project managers to deliver scalable, re-usable, and well-documented solutions for Cloud with a focus on integration and orchestration.
Work with System Architects/Business Process Architects/Specialists and other System Specialists to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
Architect, Design, and Automate Business workflows by developing API based integrations between Customer systems and BMC products.
Plan and execute all required process steps as defined by BMC’s best practice methodologies.
Mentor new consultants, partners, and customers to drive profound understanding of BMC’s Atrium Orchestrator and Cloud solutions, best practices, and consulting methodologies.
Solid hands-on experience with:
- 5+ years background with a software or virtualization consulting house
- Possesses the ability to think through a problem and design a solution on paper or whiteboard before beginning build
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills with both the technical and non-technical customer facing audience
- Systems Integration experience using various technologies, including but not limited to web services, HTTP and CLI a must
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming a must
- Intermediate knowledge of XML and related technologies a must
- Existing proficiency of XPATH / XSLT nice to have, if not must be able to learn quickly
- Intermediate Systems Administration experience a must
- Has integrated multiple systems using one or more of the technologies mentioned above
- Highly motivated, fast and proactive learner, enterprising, excellent team player, also able to work autonomously
Solid understanding of:
- Programming concepts and development lifecycle . Java Programming a plus
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Xen, Amazon)
- Has designed an IT automation solution that automates system administration workflows and tasks
- Established IT operations methodology experience (e.g. ITSM/ITIL)
- Unix/Linux and Windows
- Network protocols such as DNS, DHCP, RDP, SSH, Telnet, SNMP, SMTP, RPC, and SOAP
Location: Office at Home
- Orchestration tools such as Atrium Orchestrator, Opalis is a plus
- BMC’s ITSM suite including SRM and Remedy a plus
- BMC Datacenter Automation products such as Bladelogic, BNA (Network Automation) a plus
BMC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
BMC Software - 16 months ago
BMC offers IT management solutions that help customers master the complexity of IT. From mainframe to mobile, BMC delivers the automation,...