IA Interior Architects , the only global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interior architecture, is hiring a full-time Project Architect in the Washington, D.C. office. As Project Architect , you will be responsible for ensuring that technical solutions are consistent with the project design and are developed and produced. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and represent lead technical viewpoint on projects.
- Provide technical solutions to design dilemmas.
- Ensure technical adherence to office and firm-wide standards.
- Contribute to local and firm-wide business development goals.
- Review contract documents.
- May have management responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- Licensed architect required. Candidates engaged in the NCARB exams will be considered.
- 8+ years on commercial interior design projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- Advanced documentation and field observation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- Extensive contract administration knowledge, including completion of contract documents.
- Expert interior architectural detailing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and materials.
- Extensive knowledge of space requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of design standards and principles.
- Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- Intermediate skills using a project management software application, MS Project preferred.
- Advanced AutoCAD/ADT skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate presentation and graphic communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
IA is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are unable to submit your resume online or are limited in your ability to do so as a result of a disability, please contact Human Resources at 415.434.3305 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Interior Architects - 15 months ago