Reports to : Program Manager
Available Openings : One
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with Experience
Job Number: 2013-71-San Diego-25N
FULL-TIME , 40 hours week
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and technical support to the Solar Water Heating Program Manager. The Program Assistant will play a vital role in implementing solar water heating programs administered by CCSE, and presents a substantive opportunity for the right applicant to gain valuable experience in the green energy marketplace. The position will focus on supporting program operations and providing outreach to interested customers and industry participants. The Program Assistant must be able to anticipate the needs of the programs, prioritize his or her workload and schedules, and review work tasks with the Program Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Duties are illustrative and may vary with individual assignment. Other duties may be assigned. Assist in the program tasks regarding all aspects of solar water heating programs, including:
Processing and review Program Applications.
Coordinate and maintain correspondence with program participants regarding application status.
Handle inquiries into SWH technology, program requirements and upcoming events.
Meet with public and respond to requests for information.
Represent CCSE at outreach events.
Assist in coordinating workshops and events.
Coordinate catering, copies, room set-up, informational and audiovisual needs for program trainings at CCSE and off-site.
Perform workshop presentations for interested homeowners and community members.
Coordinate the registration and processing of SWH program training participants. Keep database of workshop attendees.
Manage information on potential SWH consumers for program analysis and industry support.
Perform various research requests from Program Manager regarding new equipment, other SWH programs, policy or related topics.
Assist with preparing monthly reports.
Assist with program development and implementation of future solar water heating programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with the proven ability to perform proficiently all office assignments.
- Thorough written and oral communication skills, including English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- An ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop solutions.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Ability to respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable with emails, scheduling, conference calls and other common office communications.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to understand the roles and responsibilities of others and to assess accurately the nature of the relationships within and external to the project.
- Ability to learn complex procedures and policies quickly and to implement these procedures in a flexible manner.
- Some experience organizing events is preferable.
- Ability to assess ambiguous situations and provide creative and workable solutions to unforeseen problems.
- Working knowledge of community resources; ability to communicate clearly with diverse audiences.
- Previous knowledge of SWH technology preferred but willingness to learn appreciated.
- Experience with database use a plus.
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred. Two years relevant experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers, vendors, clients and the public and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Outlook and internet navigation.
Computer and/or Technical Skills
Proficiency with standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrable proficiency in Excel required.
License, Certificates or Registrations
Valid California Drivers License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings; hearing and visual acuity within normal range; manual dexterity to operate keyboard and calculator
- Some positions require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized
Center for Sustainable Energy
- 22 months ago - save job