JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and verification of the initial Bill of Material through the Prototype, Development and Validation unit builds for Polaris vehicles. Responsibilities include assisting with building of the units to verify BOM and fit up of all components along with working closely with Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality to ensure all builds stay on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BOM audits, verifications and follow-up to ensure BOM accuracy.
- Support Project Engineers and Coordinators with tracking and expediting new part number releases and ECO’s.
- Maintain BOM’s with accurate verification and documentation.
- Verification of data for new model BOM structuring.
- Verification of BOM data for product orders.
- Verify status of new releases and ECO’s.
- Assist with and communicate Service Part issues/concerns as required.
- Monitor and maintain engineering release lists for all products.
- Support Project Engineers and Coordinators as required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other assignments as requested or required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining cooperative and positive attitude.
- Highly motivated, organized, very neat, self-starter.
- Team, Customer and Quality focused.
- Proficient PC skills with working knowledge of: Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, and Windchill.
- Sincere desire to meet customer’s expectations, team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Two –year technical degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Polaris products, MAPICS, PRS (Polaris Release System), AS400, Item Master and structuring of BOM’s required.
- Six years of experience in engineering or planning environment desired with mechanical background and blueprint reading.
Polaris Industries - 11 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...