The American Institutes for Research (AIR), a leading behavioral and social science research organization, uses the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. The intellectual diversity of our 1,600 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge. AIR’s Human and Social Development Program, through training and technical assistance, research and evaluation, works with the juvenile justice, child welfare, mental health and educational systems to improve outcomes for children, youth and families, especially those adversely affected by social and economic factors. We are currently seeking a full-time Project Assistant to work in our Washington, DC office.
The Project Assistant will provide support to technical assistance centers related to child welfare, mental health and education. They will also support business development activities and work under the direct supervision of project management.
- Assists in a variety of technical assistance tasks, including managing logistics for training and technical assistance events and summarizing TA activities in reports for federal project officers.
- Contributes to website development and content.
- Assists with tracking technical assistance activities, events, and communications.
- Assists with the development and writing of technical assistance tools and resources.
- Manages webinars and conference calls, including technology set-up, execution, follow-up communications, and meeting summaries.
- Conducts literature reviews and writes sections of proposals and deliverables.
- Assists in developing communications, including newsletters, articles, descriptions of recent events for web and print products.
.•Demonstrated team player and able to work collaboratively on project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in the social sciences, English, communications, or related field.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work both independently, and follow through on assigned tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong, professional writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and/or database software.
- Ability and interest in learning and using a variety of communication-focused technologies including Webinar platforms (e.g. WebEx), and website content management systems.
- Interest in at-risk youth populations and related topic areas, including but not limited to child welfare, education, and youth development.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...