The Assessment Program at AIR is a well regarded organization that is growing rapidly. We focus on providing our clients with customized assessments that not only measure student achievement against state standards, but also provide meaningful score reports that can help students, parents, and educators address any areas of student weakness. Our environment is fast-paced and we seek individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
We are currently seeking a Project Assistant to join our Operations team in Washington, DC.
This position will support the Project Operations team in various functions. As part of the operations team, the Project Assistant will be responsible for conducting quality control of both regular print test materials and accommodations materials, including verification of test booklet content and layout. The operations team works closely with production staff to ensure that all edits to test materials (i.e., test booklets, accommodations, and ancillary materials) are made accurately and in a timely manner. Training in all test material reviews and version control/ quality control procedures is provided.
- Bachelors degree in a special education or English related field
- Experience working in print and publishing in a business, government or education context is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Excellent computer knowledge/skills required
- Must be able to coordinate work on a number of different tasks and establish one’s own priorities
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proofreading experience is a plus
- Experience working with children with disabilities or their providers is a plus
- Knowledgeable about educational accommodations (large print, Braille, etc.) is a plus
American Institutes for Research - 19 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...