Project Assistant – McFarland, WI Office
Rare opportunity to make an immediate impact and partner with an industry leader!
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KA is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value engineering services to ensure that our client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the best value.
The Project Assistant provides administrative support to Project Manager(s) from the beginning of the project (bidding/estimating process) through the end of the project by performing the following duties in office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the items listed below, this position also requires various other administrative tasks that may include but are not limited to: answering phone, greeting clients, processing mail/UPS (both incoming and outgoing).
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Assists in the bidding/estimating process by acquiring necessary bid documents, plan distribution, making phone calls to subcontractors, sending/faxing out an invitation to bid on each project. Typing proposal letters when necessary. Handles call lists and follow-up, invitations to bid, distribution of plans and specifications, maintaining planholders lists, and participation in bid day. (Opening bids, typing of bid tabulations, etc.)
- Assisting the Project Manager(s) administratively in projects awarded by performing the following duties, typing contracts, processing shop drawings, RFI'S, RFP'S, SI'S, typing sublists, typing change orders and maintaining logs, and all other project related items as outlined in the Project Assistant training manual in office.
- Transcribes meeting minutes from dictation on each Project.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains files, files correspondence and other records on each project assigned.
- May need to coordinate Project Manager's schedule and make appointments, which may include making flight arrangements.
- Processes shop drawings, RFP's, RFI's, SI's, Change Orders and various other documents for the Project Manager.
- Types subcontractor/contractor contracts, proposal letters and processes as required.
- Handles project close-out, collecting warranty information, operation and maintenance manuals in a timely manner for submission to the Project Owner and Project Architect.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas when required and prepares facilities to have ready for meeting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in office. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Five years administrative related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is very beneficial for this position.
Share with us your talent, drive and expertise and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction and comprehensive compensation and benefits programs.
Join Us - Apply Online
No walk-ins please
For questions regarding the online application process, contact the Kraus Anderson TalentAssist Team at 1-877-856-9755
EOE/AA/Drug Free Employer
Kraus-Anderson Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hereby provides notice of its compliance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4; 41 C.F.R. 60-4.2; 41 C.F.R. 60-4.3; 41 C.F.R. 60-250.5; 41 C.F.R. 60-300.5; 41 C.F.R. 60-741.5; and 29 C.F.R. Part 471 Appendix A to Subpart A, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
We are excited to partner with the HR Professionals at Instigate, Inc. to manage our recruitment efforts for this opening. All responses will be processed promptly on behalf of our hiring team by Instigate. Please submit your resumes and supporting information directly online for consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
INSTIGATE, Inc. - 20 months ago