The New York City Department of Probation (DOP) helps build stronger and safer communities by working with and supervising people on probation, fostering positive change in their decision-making and behavior, and expanding opportunities for them to move out of the criminal and juvenile justice systems through meaningful
education, employment, health services, family engagement and civic participation. We are located in every borough across the City and provide three core services –pre-sentence investigations, intake and probation supervision.
In summary, DOP ensures that people who enter our system are supervised according to their risk level and receive the support and services they need to abide by the law and be an asset to their communities.
The Project Assistant, under general direction and supervision from the Assistant Commissioner for Research and Planning, performs various duties related to the implementation and monitoring of the Sex Offender Treatment Intervention and Progress Scale (SOTIPS), a dynamic assessment instrument designed to assess risks and needs
among sex offenders, in all five boroughs. More specifically, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks related to implementation of the instrument:
· Working with the Assistant Commissioner for Research and Planning and staff from the agency’s Management, Analysis, and Planning Unit to establish a system for tracking the implementation of the instrument and monitoring implementation through regular data analysis.
· Liaising with the external evaluation team to provide them with data necessary for their analysis.
· Assisting the Branch Chief and other operations staff in integrating the instrument into probation practices and troubleshooting implementation issues as they arise.
· Working with the Assistant Commissioner for Training and Quality Assurance to ensure that all respective staff is appropriately trained to use the instrument.
· Assisting in the planning and coordination of implementation team meetings.
· Performing other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, accounting, business or public administration, human resources management, management science, operations research, organizational behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel administration, labor relations, psychology, sociology, human resources development, political science, urban studies or a closely related field, and two years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following: working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, accounting, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; in management or methods analysis, operations research, organizational research or program evaluation; in personnel or public administration, recruitment, position classification, personnel relations, employee benefits, staff development, employment program planning/administration, labor market research, economic planning, social services program planning/evaluation, or fiscal management; or in a related area. 18 months of this experience must have been in an executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory capacity. Supervision must have included supervising staff performing professional work in the areas described above; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of professional experience in the areas described in "1" above, including the 18 months of executive, managerial, administrative or supervisory experience, as described in "1" above.
Ability to adapt to and work effectively in various parts of the facility and interact/communicate with clients/visitors of diverse backgrounds and age levels.
· Commitment to provide excellent customer service and maintain a calm, pleasant, and cheerful demeanor in a variety of atmospheres.
· Ability to read, write and understand printed materials, speak in public and respond to client/visitor inquires.
· Present a professional appearance; be dependable, punctual and willing to take initiative.
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET (OMB) APPROVAL
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
External Applicants: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/
Internal Applicants: Employee Self Service (ESS)
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 17 months ago
We practice primarily in areas related to estate planning and administration. Our focus includes matters such as: