Innovations for Poverty Action seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Project Associate based in New Haven, CT. The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand data management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. This position is located in the U.S., and the principal investigator is Dean Karlan.
Project Associates in New Haven will work closely with academic researchers and field staff to perform a variety of tasks including (but not limited to) cleaning and analyzing data for multi-country datasets, and assisting in the writing of project reports, policy memos, and academic papers on a variety of topics.
- A Bachelor's degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Knowledge of Stata (required)
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred
- Experience living in a developing country preferred
1. To apply, please click here
2. Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application . Please select the position(s) you are interested in applying for on the 'Submit Application' page. Include two letters of recommendation, statement of purpose (cover letter), CV, and transcripts. We will consider your application even if you are unable to obtain reference letters before the deadline, but please be advised that we will be requiring them should you be invited for an interview.
Innovations for Poverty Action is an EO Employer-MF/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
IPA will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 1-203-772-2216.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed by the Project Associate . The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
** Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.