The position has two components; providing research and grant writing assistance to the Senior Vice President for Regions, and supporting the Northeast Regional Director in executing the Relationship Management Plan for the region.
The SVP-Regions is responsible for ensuring that the TCB project pipeline remains robust in each region and the Acquisitions Unit. This typically requires research on target markets, neighborhoods, and local governance decision-making as TCB vets significant number of project opportunities across our 15 state footprint. In addition the SVP-Regions is the point person on new product development and evaluating “out of region” project opportunities.
The Northeast (currently MA, CT, and NY) is TCB's most established geographical focus area with a diverse portfolio of developments. Plans are underway to broaden our regional footprint with opportunities in NYC and the boroughs; we are also exploring possibilities in Maine and Rhode Island. Multi-phase, mixed-income projects are in development in Jamaica Plain and Allston, MA and Yonkers, NY with smaller deals underway in New Haven, CT and the South End of Boston; the Northeast business plan targets a minimum of six new projects per annum. In order to reach critical mass in strategically important target markets, the Region will require an elevated level of data driven insight and analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working with existing methodology to perform neighborhood scans to determine attractiveness of neighborhoods to potential renters
- Access existing GIS systems to provide in-depth analysis of existing real-estate conditions and trends (and eventually, quality-of-life measures) in all markets
- Assisting Regional Director with stakeholder relations in strategic markets
- Working with the Regional Director, Development Director and Project Managers to obtain market-operating comparables for potential acquisitions
- Draft content for SVP-Regions and Regional blog
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Knowledge of the affordable housing environment, funding programs, and Acronyms
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Access, and Word
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Education & Experience:
Masters Degree in Urban Planning, R.E. Development, related field, or equivalent experience
Some experience in a mission driven or advocacy organization
Experience in business use of social media
Background in community organizing and coalition building
The Community Builders, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
All interested candidates are encouraged to please send your cover letter/resume to