This mid-level Project Controller position reports directly to an Assistant Offering Controller. The PC provides guidance and support to not only the Company’s Program/Project Managers, but also operational management. Specifically, the PC provides cradle-to-grave financial support for assigned direct projects to include: assessing the basic terms and conditions of the contract, setting up and maintaining the project in the accounting system, monitoring, analyzing and reporting on project performance, preparing/submitting project billing, supporting collection efforts and closing out projects.
In collaboration with the Contracts Administrator the PC provides support to his/her primary internal customers – Program/Project Manager(s) and operations management, the PC also supports an assortment of external clients to include the direct customer, prime contractors, subcontractors and government agencies
The PC must exercise independent judgment and discretion in performing his/her duties while complying with established policies and procedures. The PC has a fiduciary responsibility to involve line management in the event of non-compliance with the Company’s published financial policies and procedures
- Establish a business relationship with assigned Program/Project Manager(s) (to include Directorate management if applicable). Provide financial guidance and support to facilitate the accurate set-up, performance and reporting of projects. This will include providing guidance and roll-up data for weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly data-calls. Based upon knowledge of project performance, assist in the development of forecasts on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Understand the contract document(s)
- Identify and confirm requirements with the Contracts Administrator and the Program/Project Manager(s) to include reporting and invoicing obligations and other items that may affect the project’s set up in Costpoint. Maintain PC project working files to include base contract and all subsequent modifications. The Contracts Administrator will maintain the corporate contract files
- Set up and maintain assigned projects in Costpoint based on project requirements and in compliance with the Company’s set up rules to ensure the proper recognition of revenue
- Monitor work-at-risk projects. Ensure compliance with the Company’s work-at-risk and revenue-at-risk policies
- Review actual project expenses for accuracy and completeness. Identify and remedy miscodings in a timely manner to ensure the proper recognition of revenueCoordinate with the Program\Project Manager(s) on a monthly or quarterly basis (as dictated by the FinOps Controller) to prepare updated cost estimates to complete (EAC) for revenue recognition
- Regularly monitor assigned project performance and cost estimates to complete (ETC)/estimates at completion (EAC) for reasonableness against plans and actual expense rate.
- Research and provide timely explanations for variations in project performance to Finance & Accounting. Based on the analysis of data, provide observations and recommendations to the Program\Project Manager
- Prepare and provide assorted reports for internal and/or external customers to include funding summaries, Limitation of Funds (LOF) notifications (in coordination with the Contract Administrator), Project Status Report (PSR) queries and other reports as required
- Ensure project invoices are accurately prepared, reviewed, approved, and timely submitted. As necessary, assist the Program/Project Manager(s) in collecting client receivables and managing days sales outstanding (DSO)
- Provide monthly reconciliation of billed/unbilled vs. revenue activity to include researching unexplained reconciling items
- As required, assist Program\Project Managers and members of the Pricing Group with bid and pricing support and proposal development
- Provide assistance in the development of yearly business plans for assigned Program/Project Managers
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies and procedures to include revenue recognition policies and project set up rules. Serve as a liaison between the business office and operations
- Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes (i.e. participate in working groups)
AMERICAN SYSTEMS - 22 months ago
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is a government services contractor and one of the largest employed-owned companies in the U.S. AMERICAN SYSTEMS is focused...