New England Controls, an Emerson Local Business Partner, is the leading solutions supplier of process control and information technology solutions in the New England region.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, hard-working, fun-loving people who have a desire to work with the latest technology and the brightest minds to provide innovative solutions to our customer’s problems. Our people are differentiated by their high energy and do-what-it takes attitude. We see ourselves as one team working together with a passion to serve the customer first. Our customers and partners include the most significant Life Sciences, Energy, Pulp and Paper and Chemical companies in the region.
New England Controls provides a professional environment where you can grow, be independent and contribute to a shared spirit of creativity and innovation. As an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) company, “we don’t just work here, we own the place!”
The leader in process control products, solutions and service - because we hire the best
We are looking for candidates with experience in project accounting for technical services companies such as engineering services companies or construction services companies.
Holders of this position provide project controls services to project leaders to assist project leadership deliver expected financial performance. Typically 50-90% of a Controller’s time is spent on labor accounting related tasks. Sample tasks include producing project controls reports indicating performance versus plan for schedule and budget, labor budget set ups, labor budget updates, preparing labor subcontracts, and preparing and issuing labor and expenses invoices.
The Controller will be responsible for controls, labor, expense, material and subcontracting information entry, updating and output using two primary business systems. Inputs will result in project set up for labor and expenses, material orders, subcontracts and project updates. Outputs will be controls reports, invoices and reports related to project labor status, material order status, subcontract status and individual’s time entry. Other duties will include project administration of files, receiving and controlling material inventory until materials are consumed by the project, and process improvement projects as assigned.
The position requires working closely with other Controllers, Project Leaders, Project Engineers and the Director of Systems Operations.
· Understand and use earned value principles to provide project controls information
· Produce project earned value reports on the project required frequency
· Master business systems skills/knowledge/expertise to perform primary duties
· Master all related business process requirements to perform primary duties
· Draft, finalize, send and maintain PO Acknowledgements
· Enter/set up and maintain all required information on all assigned projects
· Meet all project invoicing and payment tracking requirements
· Conduct all material ordering, tracking, controlling and documenting for all assigned projects
· Produce required reports on all assigned projects
· Conduct all required invoicing functions
· Set up files for and administer project documentation on the LAN, in hard copy, in the project book, including transmittal and change logs
· Communicate with NEC and customer staff as necessary
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Expectations:
· Strong understanding of earned value principals
· Strong labor accounting knowledge, revenue, cost, invoicing, payment, cash
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft Products: Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint and Project
· Demonstrated ability to work in a customer oriented environment
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
· Attention to detail
· Appropriate and professional dress and demeanor
· Regular and punctual attendance, normal hours 8am-5pm.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
· Minimum 3-5 years immediate direct project accounting or project controls experience