The Opportunity: Be a part of our successful and expanding renewable energy business! RMT’s renewable energy engineering team positions offer the unique opportunity to be involved in the full life-cycle of wind, solar, and geothermal projects, from project development through the design and construction phases of work. RMT is a division of Alliant Energy and has been established for over 30 years. RMT’s renewable energy team has helped build over 3800 MW of utility scale wind farms in 20 states in the US. We offer competitive benefits, a friendly workforce and opportunities for career growth and enhancement. It all adds up to great rewards for you and the environment! RMT currently has an opportunity for a Project Controls Analyst within the Renewable Energy group.
The Position: The Project Controls Analyst is responsible for the coordination and maintenance of site-specific project controls efforts (planning/scheduling, electronic document management, contracts administration, earned value management, cost analysis and reporting). The Project Controls Analyst will work closely with the field project manager to communicate and maintain project schedule and costs and maintain documentation. This position will also assist with change orders and schedule deviations, and serve as project controls liaison between corporate Project Controls team members and the field management.
Working Conditions, Physical Requirements, Hazardous Materials:
- BS/MS degree in Construction Management, Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- Seven to ten years of experience with project scheduling, cost engineering, performance measurement, and contract administration.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the development, implementation, and updating of detailed construction schedules to include progress measurement using earned value management techniques and interpretation of earned value metrics.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the development, implementation, and updating of detailed cost reports to include progress measurement using earned value management techniques and interpretation of earned value metrics.
- Proficiency with computer software programs (i.e., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and project management).
- Experience with the various software programs used in Project Controls, such as Primavera P6 and/or Primavera Contract Manager is a plus.
- Team player, creative thinker with initiative, strong research and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Successfully pass a drug test.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Benefits and Compensation: Compensation and benefits are competitive and include health and life insurance, paid time away from work, employee referral bonus, tuition reimbursement, professional memberships, 401(k) Savings Plan, and eligibility for Short Term Incentive Compensation, and Profit Sharing. RMT focuses on employee wellness, a safe work environment, and work-life balance.
- Will require travel approximately 100% of the time to construction sites.
- Often works outdoors; may be exposed to sunlight, inclement weather, excessive wind, excessive heat, and/or excessive noise, large equipment, fuels and other mechanical liquids as well as walking and driving on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work long hours and variable schedules on occasion, including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
- Will be required to wear personal health and safety equipment while at the work site.
RMT, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Consistent with its commitment to employ and advance qualified individuals with disabilities RMT provides reasonable accommodation in its recruitment and job application process.
If you need assistance, accommodation and/or an alternate method of application in order to apply for a position, please call 608-662-5158 or send an e-mail to HR@rmtinc.com .
IEA Renewable Energy, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job
We serve industrial companies throughout the world who value environmental and engineering solutions that improve productivity and...