The Project Controls Associate position is an entry level professional position and will be assigned to a role in Cost Engineering. Under appropriate supervision, the incumbent performs routine project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. In addition to performing duties as assigned, this position will be primarily focused on developing knowledge regarding costing and concepts related to the industry technology and project management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Verification of charge codes for purchase requisitions and change orders to ensure proper cost accounting.
- Assist with preparation of reporting on revenue/budget and cost as directed by cost analyst.
- Assist and monitor effective cost control and budget management practices.
- Assist with cost variance analysis and true-up.
- Support development of weekly/monthly cost and status reports for project team.
- Assist with gathering physical completion data.
- Assist with maintenance of PJC database and phase creation.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by cost engineer analyst.
- Assists in maintenance of Project Bill of Quantities - understand the project estimate.
- Assists in the development of cost reports. Perform related tracking.
- Assists in the Project Change Mgmt Trending Program.
- Assists in Schedule preparation, maintenance and reporting
- Assists in man-hour reporting.
- Assists with Float analysis.
- Gains an understanding of project controls systems.
- Utilizes client informational resources to gain an understanding of client Financial Entities.
- Assists with Vendor Progress Measurement, cash flow and forecasting.
- Gains a fundamental understanding of industry technology and project execution concepts.
Four year degree in a related field or equivalent experience in other functional areas.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Computer skills - Microsoft Office.
Communications skills - Good verbal and written communications skills for interaction with project teams.
Understand transformation of data to information - Ability to visualize how data can be transformed into information in the production of project controls reports for use by project teams.
Understand database concepts - Understands or able to learn quickly basic database concepts in order to manage data and information within systems.
Understanding of how project controls issues relate to other company functions such as project accounting, procurement, QAQC, etc.
Covenant Consulting is a newly developed company that is thriving in this rapidly changing technological age. We offer fully integrated...