EXP provides professional, technical and strategic services to the world's built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. With a heritage dating back to 1906, the exp name was adopted in April of 2011 by the Trow Global group of companies to provide clients with easy access to its highly experienced and creative professionals, whether locally or globally. With thousands of people in offices across North America and around the world, we provide the experience and expertise needed to deliver successful project outcomes for our clients and add value to their businesses. Whether the project is big or small, clients have access to our global capability platform from our local office network to ensure the right people provide the right solution.
We are seeking an individual for our Houston, TX office responsible for project controls on small- to medium-sized projects and ensure all project phases are documented appropriately with regard to exp’s project controls standard and project controls management plan.
Principle Areas of Responsibility
The Project Controls Specialist will act as the primary point of contact for all internal project controls functions on assigned projects. This role will also include interaction with client firms, and outside vendors to ensure contractual terms are being adhered to and for progress and cost information in alignment with the expected execution strategy.
The position will be expected to learn and help foster the Project Life Cycle methodology, and to execute projects using these philosophies.
This position reports to the Project Controls Manager and may take lead on smaller projects.
Duties included but not limited to:
The Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities We Seek:
- Compile project status reports, coordinate project schedules, costs, and identify and resolve project services’ problems.
- To assist in ensuring that capital projects are completed on time and within approved budget. This is supported by following Project Life Cycle and other exp standards.
- Ensure both internal and external adherence to the Project Control Procedures and reporting structures.
- Identify and analyze project requirements and assist PM to define project scope, deliverables, and cost.
- Track vendor compliance with the terms of the contract or purchase order
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate interactive planning sessions at each phase of the project to assist in overall project plan development and update.
- Will lead all analysis associated with any supplemental spending requests.
- Responsible for internal tracking and adherence to contract and PO payment terms.
- Responsible for spearheading opening of project in Deltek.
- Assist PM and team members in aligning project WBS and cost estimate; prepare associated supporting documents.
- Prepare an earned value analysis for each assigned capital project
- Work with PM to forecast project spend curve.
- Develop, maintain, and progress project schedule.
- Track project costs and forecast project spend curve through completion.
- Maintain and update the overall project plan at all levels of planning for assigned projects; develop and maintain the WBS for consistency of data and reporting.
- Assist in identifying/monitoring project risks
- Maintain and update the communications and reporting networks for data gathering, review, analysis and presentation of recommendations to ensure the project remains on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor and track project change requests and report on cost deviations and trends
- Orchestrate and validate contract change requests per the Management of Change Procedure.
- Assist in closing out projects and transfer of relevant information to accounting and operations.
- Attend project and stakeholder meetings.
- As required, present project status to management and present go-forward, mitigation strategies.
- Participate in Peer reviews and lessons learned as needed.
Test & Exams:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent
- 5-7 plus years work experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word
- Relevant experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with contracts
- 3+ years project control experience within an Owner / Operator capacity (Upstream and Midstream).
- Proficient in MS Access, MS Projects, Primavera
- Construction experience
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment driver’s history check.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test.
exp - 19 months ago