Provide Project Controls support in the test complex for the Jacobs Technology’s Facilities Operating Services Contract at NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center (SSC). This involves developing Microsoft Project schedules for design and construction projects to ensure that the Engineering Services Department is meeting project objectives as they relate to schedule and budget. Duties also include creating, updating, and analyzing Earned Value charts and creating presentations in support of project review meetings with the customer.
- Gather data from engineers and project managers to create and update Microsoft Project schedules
- Creating Earned Value charts and updating various reports in Microsoft Excel
- Updating PowerPoint presentations for project review meetings
- Analyzing project cost using various formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Creating project binders with various documentation for auditing purposes
- Must possess an Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and have 2-5 years of experience working as a scheduler or project controller in the Project Management field, can substitute experience for degree.
- Must be well organized, extremely flexible and capable of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to successfully communicate with project managers, engineers, construction managers, and customers.
- Must be well rounded in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be well rounded in Microsoft Project or other similar scheduling software.
- Familiar with Earned Value Management (EVM) concepts and be able to apply them to analyze the health of projects.
- Experience developing Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Experience using Microsoft Excel charts and pivot tables.
- Experience in the Construction and Engineering field a Plus.
Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop, phone or during filing. (90%)
May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 40 lbs. (2%)
An inside environment/cubicle (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). (90%)
Travel between various facilities at SSC may be required and may bring exposure to loud noise and potentially hazardous equipment operation. (< 10%)
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer (typical software used is Microsoft Office), a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment. (100%)
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Attendance is critical at all times. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday to Friday. (100%)
Job may require more than a normal 40 hour work week. (< 10%)
Other Essential Functions:
Must comply with all company policies and procedures. Emphasis should be given to established safety and health requirements including but not limited to wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment and timely reporting of accidents and mishaps. (100%)
Requires ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and visitors. Must be able to provide clear, concise, and accurate communication, both verbally and in writing. (100%)
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. (100%)
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. (100%)
Your ability to retain on-site driving privileges where such privileges are necessary to obtain access to the worksite and perform the tasks of the position for which you are being employed, as well as any subsequent positions to which you may be assigned. (100%)
Must be able to maintain a security clearance, if required. (100%)
Jacobs Technology - 18 months ago