Affiliated Engineers has built a national reputation as a premiere designer of engineered systems for technically complex facilities and specialized spaces. Our diverse client base includes healthcare, research, higher education, industrial and commercial markets. Our Houston office is hiring a Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator uses independent judgment in providing assistance to Project Managers and design team members in developing project specific methods of tracking and following up on action items, establishing quality assurance measures, monitoring project progress and performance.
Works closely with all team members on specific projects to facilitate the process of communication flow, information and document transfer, and project organization and production. Supports the team and the client through coordinating the process of producing documents, and providing quality reviews of all documents before they are distributed.
Coordinates printing, assembly, and shipping of deliverables in accordance with AEI and client practices and standards. Proofreads all documents produced for or by project team members to ensure consistency of style, application of AEI and client standards, and overall quality. Processes correspondence, specifications, reports and other printed materials in a timely and accurate manner.
Enters and maintains information in the Project Manager database to ensure project information including accurate budget, schedule, and major deliverables are kept up to date. Works with the project manager to monitor project performance, ensure appropriate fee allocation, monitor job progress to date, etc. Ensures invoices and fees are processed in a timely manner.
Maintains up-to-date project files including hardcopy and electronic versions according to AEI standards. Coordinates and attends project team and client meetings as necessary.
Provides miscellaneous support for project managers and team members by scheduling meetings and making travel arrangements. Provides some general support to the office by doing special projects, maintaining and stocking team areas, and setting up and taking down meeting rooms.
Experience in an A/E or Construction environment a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and flexibility in adjusting to shifting priorities and/or deadlines that may occur on a daily basis.
- two to four years experience in a professional office environment with a general understanding of project management
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to be self-directed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills, and strong work ethics.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Motivated to take on additional tasks when the need arises.
- AS or BS degree or commensurate experience
- Proficiency in MS Office programs required
Submit your resume through our career section on our website www.aeieng.com
AEI is Proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. has built its national engineering practice on the primary disciplines of mechanical, electrical and...